Today I was asked why I do what I do. Why do I spend all the effort, energy and thought in this work of growing food and growing farmers? Why, at my age, am I out here, rain or shine, cold or hot, tending the land and the people who come to me? The answer is that this is the life I love. I believe in giving back and passing on that which has been given to me- participating in a community of fellow lovers of the land and good food, who are also seeking to live in harmony with nature and each other. I believe that we need to be mindful of how we treat the earth, and look hard at our practices for the harm they cause that will be evident in the generations to come. I do not want to be one who impoverishes my own grandchildren by the way I have lived. My desire is to be part of a “new” old way of feeding ourselves that will be sustainable and available to future generations. I thank you for the inspiration, encouragement and support you have given to me and the farm over the years. The farm will continue to evolve as we seek to fulfill our mission of growing good food and good farmers!
- | Cane Creek Farm on CSA Order Page
- Bill Flather on Making Good Food Taste Great!!
- Shelley Chesnut on Why do I farm?
- rjspence on Join us for our upcoming Introduction to Organic Farming & Gardening course!
- Carl & janet hood on Join us for our upcoming Introduction to Organic Farming & Gardening course!